DripMaster EDD-series (EDD-4C; -4SH; -4B)
Oil lubrication controller for vertical turbine pumps
The DripMaster (EDD series) – is an active gravity-based control and monitoring lubrication device specially designed for vertical turbine pumps and in use in various industry applications where gravity-based lubrication is preferred.
The DripMaster’s is designed to maintain a constant oil drip rate while reporting back to the SCADA and shutting down the pump in case of lubrication risk.
By stabilizing the oil drip rate, the DripMaster solves the oil drip rate instability caused by the following problems:
- Oil viscosity variations.
- Oil hydrostatic pressure variations.
- Oil dirt particulate blockage.
The DripMaster prolongs the life span of lineshaft bearings and significantly reduces well contamination.
By minimizing labor intensive operations, such as checking oil levels and adjusting drip rates at each well site, a considerable amount of money is saved.
- Automatic pump shutdown ensures that the pump never runs dry.
- Control and actively maintains constant oil drip rates in both normal (pump- on) and pre-lube (pump-off) modes of operation.
- Ensures that a constant drip rate is maintained regardless of ambient temperature or hydrostatic pressure in the oil tank.
- Report-back SCADA interface:
- Drip rate count (provides accurate oil consumption data)
- OK state (allows pump shutdown for an error condition)
- Zero oil warning
- User – selectable drip rates
- Gravity – based oil flow
- Built-in manual operation mechanism
- Mounted in a sealed, cast aluminum housing
- Compact device that is easy to install
- Maintenance-free operation
- Works under extreme weather conditions
H&H developed three different models according to their drip per minute (DPM) range.
|Normal mode: DPM||Pre-lube (Standby) mode: DPM|
|EDD-4C||20, 25, 30, 35, 40||2|
|EDD-4SH||10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28||2|
|EDD -4B||20, 30, 40, 50, 60||10, 20, 30|